The egg is among the top superfoods with all the nutrition such as the iron, phosphorous, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, amino-acid, and more. These are the best that the eggs provide, and is quite beneficial for health.
People are always confused about which part of the egg is better and healthier. Is it the egg white or the egg yolk. You must have heard that the egg yolks should be avoided by the adults as it increases the cholesterol levels. So, is it true? Is the egg white healthier than the egg yolk? To know more, read this article and let’s see which is better for our health.
[Low in calories, high protein content, zero fat and cholesterol]
- Egg whites are low in calorie, but high in protein. It is also loaded with calcium, magnesium, riboflavin, and etc. These nutrients help in weight loss and at the same time, build stronger muscles.
If you eat an egg a day, you will get the required protein in your body.
- Egg whites have zero fat unless you add butter or oil while cooking. These are the best choice for anyone who wants to stay fit such as the yogi, bodybuilders, and athletes.
- As the egg white is rich in protein and less in cholesterol, it can help anyone who is looking forward to losing their weight. It also reduced the risk of heart disease.
- Egg whites are also excellent for a healthy pregnancy. It helps the baby’s brain, spinal cord development.
- For a beautiful skin and hair texture, egg whites can help in promoting a healthy skin and hair.
[Rich in vitamins and minerals]
Egg yolks contain more vitamins and minerals as compared to egg whites.
They are enriched with Vitamin B6, B12, A, D, E, and K.
These egg yolks contain a rich amount of cholesterol and are less in protein. They are also, rich in phosphorous, selenium, and calcium.
They are an excellent source of Vitamin A, carotenoids, and iron that helps in promoting healthy vision.
The Vitamin K in the egg helps in blood clotting, prevents degeneration of muscles, and reduces inflammation, and etc.
The choline is the egg yolks helps in maintaining a healthy cardiovascular. Choline is also, very important as it reduces the risk of breast cancer in women.
What do the Nutritionists say about this?
They advise consuming 4 -7 eggs per week. They do not support whether the egg white or egg yolks are better but support the consumption of the whole egg. Therefore, it is clear that neither is the egg white or egg yolk a winner!